Our Mission

On May 12, 2012 Austin Brashears finished what is one of the most epic stories of all time: his life story. He lived colorfully and beautifully during his 21 years and painted pictures all over the world of his kindness, generosity, and positive spirit. We have decided to begin the stage of moving forward to embark on a grand adventure to create new memories with Austin every day. It can be something as little as trying a new flavor of coffee or going underwater go-cart racing in his honor. We invite you to play with us, laugh with us, and take risks with us. We encourage you to put your Austin foot forward and begin to live with Austin and his energetic spirit as your guide.

He needs our help to finish his epic adventure.

We’ll be posting our adventures here for you to read and hopefully be inspired by, but we want to hear from you too! When you do something amazing and incredible or just a little something you know that Austin would LOVE or appreciate, throw on your Austin merch (v-neck, tank, or bracelet) and take a picture! Write up a post and email it to us at doitforaustin@gmail.com and we’ll share it with everyone!

Have a great Austin Adventure Day,

Sage, Brittany, Cole, & Shannon

The Family

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Hand Made Memorial

Today I got done with work a little bit early and decided to stop putting off finding this bead store that I’ve wanted to go to. I’ve LOVED the few people’s memorial tattoos, but that’s something I just don’t think I could ever see myself doing. Since the funeral I’ve thought about wanting to make a bracelet or necklace instead and finally got around to doing it. After a few circles around the shopping center I found the shop tucked into the corner. It was mania, well not really it was just me and a few others with light 80’s music playing in the background, but it was mania in my head. SO MANY CHOICES! After wandering around for a while I finally collected everything I needed to put together the bracelet: leaves, a light blue bead, some beach shell beads, and a heart. It is my hand made memorial, there is meaning behind every part of this. I love you and miss you bud.

Love always,
Amanda

1 comment: