Our Mission

On May 12, 2012 Austin Brashears finished what is one of the most epic stories of all time: his life story. He lived colorfully and beautifully during his 21 years and painted pictures all over the world of his kindness, generosity, and positive spirit. We have decided to begin the stage of moving forward to embark on a grand adventure to create new memories with Austin every day. It can be something as little as trying a new flavor of coffee or going underwater go-cart racing in his honor. We invite you to play with us, laugh with us, and take risks with us. We encourage you to put your Austin foot forward and begin to live with Austin and his energetic spirit as your guide.

He needs our help to finish his epic adventure.

We’ll be posting our adventures here for you to read and hopefully be inspired by, but we want to hear from you too! When you do something amazing and incredible or just a little something you know that Austin would LOVE or appreciate, throw on your Austin merch (v-neck, tank, or bracelet) and take a picture! Write up a post and email it to us at doitforaustin@gmail.com and we’ll share it with everyone!

Have a great Austin Adventure Day,

Sage, Brittany, Cole, & Shannon

The Family

Monday, June 4, 2012

Austin's Boys

If you knew Austin or talked to him on any semi regular basis, you undoubtedly heard about his many love interests and his next grandiose plan to woo the object of his affection. He was always planning something incredibly thoughtful and magnificent. But there were some other loves of his life that you may have heard a little less about.

His boys. 

Of course there are the men of his family: Papa B, Matt, and Travis. He loved them so incredibly much. They all wrapped up into Austin's ultimate hero and everything he wanted to be: Brave, intelligent, handsome, generous, fashionable (don't get a big head, Trav), courageous, a leader, a family man, and sooo much more. Austin spent a lot of time talking about how amazing the men in his family are and how much he loved them and aspired to be just like them.

Then there are the little boys: Bryson and Everett. Austin loved those kids with his whole heart. He wanted them to grow up knowing that they could always come to him and that he was always there to listen and to play. He was great with all kids, but especially with his nephews.

Then, of course, there's Cole. Cole and Austin had a bond unlike anything else I've ever seen before. I literally can't describe it to you, I really wish I could, but it was something that could only truly be understood by witnessing them together. Their love for each other was so strong and so true. It was truly remarkable.


All of that was a lead up to say that yesterday I got to spend the day with Austin's boys. I got to chat with Matt and to jump on the trampoline with Bryson and Everett. Then later, I got to laugh (and be scared) with Cole watching old horror film trailers.

It was such a great day with so much fun and love that I totally forgot to take any pictures. I'm so bummed at myself because I keep promising that I'll get better about that, but I still have a lot of work to do.

Bryson and I drew Cole some pictures and they made the fridge!

This is one of my favorite pictures of Cole and I from gradnight, but that's pretty much what last night looked like without the face paint. 

I felt so lucky to get to spend the day with people that Austin loved and cherished so much. It made me feel closer to him in some small way. Team Austin. <3

Love,
Sage

2 comments:

  1. I seriously love everything about this post. I love all those boys and I love you Sage. Sounds like a beautiful day <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right Sage those are some amazing boys and I love them ALL. Austin's influence will continue with them and especially as Bryson and Everett grow up to be awesome young men just like their Uncle Austin.

    ReplyDelete