Our Mission

On May 12, 2012 Austin Brashears finished what is one of the most epic stories of all time: his life story. He lived colorfully and beautifully during his 21 years and painted pictures all over the world of his kindness, generosity, and positive spirit. We have decided to begin the stage of moving forward to embark on a grand adventure to create new memories with Austin every day. It can be something as little as trying a new flavor of coffee or going underwater go-cart racing in his honor. We invite you to play with us, laugh with us, and take risks with us. We encourage you to put your Austin foot forward and begin to live with Austin and his energetic spirit as your guide.

He needs our help to finish his epic adventure.

We’ll be posting our adventures here for you to read and hopefully be inspired by, but we want to hear from you too! When you do something amazing and incredible or just a little something you know that Austin would LOVE or appreciate, throw on your Austin merch (v-neck, tank, or bracelet) and take a picture! Write up a post and email it to us at doitforaustin@gmail.com and we’ll share it with everyone!

Have a great Austin Adventure Day,

Sage, Brittany, Cole, & Shannon

The Family

Saturday, June 2, 2012

I like Ike's

Yesterday, I had a craving for an Ike's Sandwich. I was looking through the menu (you call in your order and pick it up because it's always sooo busy) and realized that I had told Austin that I would take him here next time he came to visit. The sandwiches are AMAZING. They put together flavors that no one else would think of, but every single sandwich is the best sandwich you've ever had. They've been so popular and busy that they were kicked out of the neighborhood they were originally located in due to the increased traffic and noise and whatever. The people staging that coop had obviously never had an Ike's sandwich, otherwise they would consider themselves the luckiest people on Earth living so close to it. Their loss. Now Ike's hops around the city trying to establish a permanent home, but it's become a fun little game to have to track them down every time you want one of their delectable little gems.

It becomes an adventure.


Here's my sandwich! It was seriously pure dopeness.





The other really cool thing about Ike's is the way they name their sandwiches. They're all really funny. Mine was "We're JUST Friends" literally on the menu just is in all caps. Hahah. I'm not really sure how chicken, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, and a special orange glaze sauce connotes being JUST friends, but i wanted to marry that sandwich. Yeah, it was that good. The sandwich I imagine Austin getting is called the [Name of the Girl I'm Dating]. But! There's also the Heath Ledger, the Spiffy Tiffy, the Nacho Boy, the Blind Date, and the Pizzle, among so many others. Every single one is above and beyond amazing, I swear. Ps. Ike's should probs be paying me for all this advertising I'm doing right now. Anyway!


This is me posing cutely with my Austin Merch and my Ike's Sandwich....

And this is me not so cutely digging in. :) 

#doitforaustin 



 Love, 
  Sage

No comments:

Post a Comment