Our Mission

On May 12, 2012 Austin Brashears finished what is one of the most epic stories of all time: his life story. He lived colorfully and beautifully during his 21 years and painted pictures all over the world of his kindness, generosity, and positive spirit. We have decided to begin the stage of moving forward to embark on a grand adventure to create new memories with Austin every day. It can be something as little as trying a new flavor of coffee or going underwater go-cart racing in his honor. We invite you to play with us, laugh with us, and take risks with us. We encourage you to put your Austin foot forward and begin to live with Austin and his energetic spirit as your guide.

He needs our help to finish his epic adventure.

We’ll be posting our adventures here for you to read and hopefully be inspired by, but we want to hear from you too! When you do something amazing and incredible or just a little something you know that Austin would LOVE or appreciate, throw on your Austin merch (v-neck, tank, or bracelet) and take a picture! Write up a post and email it to us at doitforaustin@gmail.com and we’ll share it with everyone!

Have a great Austin Adventure Day,

Sage, Brittany, Cole, & Shannon

The Family

Sunday, June 3, 2012

"....I also like to live dangerously..."



On the podium, a bit scratched up, but no worse for the wear.
Lately I've fallen plague to the dangerous passion that is mountain biking. In true Morm fashion, every day, every ride, I seem to push things, sometimes maybe a bit too far, but I love every second of it. I participated in a local race yesterday that I had signed up for a while ago, and when I had signed up initially, I had no idea that this little insignificant race would mean so much more. It was my first race since he had been laid to rest, and I was worried in the days leading to the race, that I would not do well, in his eyes, or I wouldn't be able to focus, or I just might not perform to my expectations. For some reason I had taken it upon myself to pile on the pressure, and make the race bigger than it was: wondering if Morm would care whether or not how I did... It took a few friends, and some sleepless nights to realize that Morm, no matter if he got the big "Dub" at the end of the day or not, made damn well sure he had a good time getting there, and never cared how I or any of his friends did in any competition. He would ALWAYS ALWAYS ask if we had a good time or not, how much fun we had, etc. before any conversation of results would be brought up. It's all about the journey. So, come race day, I had a smile on my face, love in my heart, and "Austin Brashears - Always Remembered" on my wrist. I can't say whether it was his mantra, or training, or just good old luck, but I came away with 1st place in my category!



Just before the start, wondering why that guy in the pink glasses is looking at me

All I can say is, I gave it everything I had, took some risks, and soaked it all in. Hope I made you proud Morm. To more great todays, and even better tomorrows...

Love,
   Cole
 

2 comments: