Our Mission

On May 12, 2012 Austin Brashears finished what is one of the most epic stories of all time: his life story. He lived colorfully and beautifully during his 21 years and painted pictures all over the world of his kindness, generosity, and positive spirit. We have decided to begin the stage of moving forward to embark on a grand adventure to create new memories with Austin every day. It can be something as little as trying a new flavor of coffee or going underwater go-cart racing in his honor. We invite you to play with us, laugh with us, and take risks with us. We encourage you to put your Austin foot forward and begin to live with Austin and his energetic spirit as your guide.

He needs our help to finish his epic adventure.

We’ll be posting our adventures here for you to read and hopefully be inspired by, but we want to hear from you too! When you do something amazing and incredible or just a little something you know that Austin would LOVE or appreciate, throw on your Austin merch (v-neck, tank, or bracelet) and take a picture! Write up a post and email it to us at doitforaustin@gmail.com and we’ll share it with everyone!

Have a great Austin Adventure Day,

Sage, Brittany, Cole, & Shannon

The Family

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Mmm...Tasty but Sandy...

A couple of Christmas breaks ago, I was lucky to get to spend a great week road-tripping up to Bellingham (adequately named the City of Subdued Excitement) to show Austin around the great Pacific Northwest. Along the way we spent a day and a half in Portland, OR with my sister Allison and her soon-to-be-hubby Jeremy. We played video games, visited Powell's Bookstore, got Voodoo Donuts (probably Austin's favorite part of the whole trip!), and went out to dinner at Kell's Irish Pub. Dinner was delicious minus the part where Jeremy ordered a round of oyster shooters for the table and insisted that we all have one. Austin dutifully obeyed and choked it down but as many of you know, I'm a pretty picky eater. I debated doing it but in the end refused and so Austin, being the great friend that he was, finished mine off too. 

So last night my sister came up to visit in Bellingham and we decided to go out to eat at this awesome cajun restaurant called Bayou on Bay and lucky me! They had oyster shooters on the menu. Of course my sister remembered the time Austin came to visit and insisted that I make up for not doing my shooter with Austin.


And guess what?! I did it! It was really slimy and pretty much tasted like I was taking a bite of sand off the ocean floor, but I'm glad I did it and I am sure Austin would have been proud! I love that Austin can still make me do things that are out of my comfort zone. <3 TEAM AUSTIN <3

3 comments:

  1. I know how huge that is for you Britty! So proud of you!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are brave and I am proud of you. I will not eat one of those slimy things but I bet Austin was laughing while you did.

    ReplyDelete